The executor of a will has important responsibilities that include:
- Administering the estate of the deceased person.
- Their main functions include handling the legal and financial aspects of the estate, ensuring the deceased’s wishes are carried out.
- Some specific tasks of an executor include gathering assets, paying debts and taxes, and distributing assets to beneficiaries.
- They initiate the probate process if required and ensure the will is executed according to legal requirements.
- Executors have a duty to act in the best interests of the estate and the beneficiaries, following the instructions outlined in the will.
- If you are named as an executor, it’s advisable to seek legal guidance to understand your duties and obligations in fulfilling your role.