Alright, so you’re overseas and you’re wondering if you can sign the transfer documents from there.

Well, the short answer is yes, it’s possible – but there are a few things to keep in mind.

  1. You’ll need to make sure that the documents are signed in the presence of a notary public or a South African embassy official. This is to ensure that the signature is valid and legally binding.
  2. You’ll need to make arrangements to have the signed documents sent back to South Africa in a timely and secure manner. Your conveyancer should be able to advise you on the best way to do this.

Overall, while it’s possible to sign transfer documents overseas, it can add an extra layer of complexity to the process. It’s always a good idea to work closely with your conveyancer to ensure that everything is done correctly and efficiently.